Regardless of you want to clean the engine on a dedicated washing or by yourself, you need to follow certain rules:
- Do not clean the engine on a cold or, conversely, at the operating temperature. The optimum temperature – 30-40 C
- Water should be about the same temperature as the engine itself (permissible + 10C)
- The air intake must be covered from water (e.g., via plastic bag fixed by tape)
- If you have an alarm system, it should also “hide” to avoid the ingress of water
- you should protect the wiring, electrical equipment and battery (for example, using the plastic bag, fixed with adhesive tape)
- It is dangerous to clean the engine with oil and / or gasoline and kerosene (there is a risk of fire)
- there is an opinion that it is possible to use a dishwashing detergent and laundry detergent. It is not necessary to experiment, because their composition is still a mystery that – it is unknown how a substance will affect on the engine parts.